Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ide To Usb Adapter Radio Shack I'm Using An USB To IDE (HDD) Adapter. How Does That Work Exactly?

I'm using an USB to IDE (HDD) adapter. How does that work exactly? - ide to usb adapter radio shack

I), the hard drive of my old computer (internal drive and a USB-IDE (R-Drive III)? How do I install a hard drive with this device? The III-R does not get USB to IDE adapter with instructions. When installing the USB I realized my computer, but nothing happened. The lack of recognition, because I connect to a USB port am. Who does not recognize the hard drive.

I Should the BIOS? How do I), the BIOS (details? I have no idea how it works. I have a good article or website to be found. I do not think I can set the jumpers on IDE hard drives with a USB adapter, although I'm not clear what exactly is a bridge unit.

I thought it would be like an external drive. can use the USB cable, where ad work. Internal drives are not good, I think.

2 comments:

oracle12... said...

An IDE to USB adapter works just like a USB box. The only difference is that you do not protect the field on the disk.

To recognize for a hard drive, it must be formatted and partitions. If not, be recognized as an asset, but have no drive letter or useful storage space. This corresponds to the description of (the USB connector when not) to units of the sample.

If you use Windows XP, click on My Computer, click Manage, then Disk Management. You can see the drive listed there as unallocated memory. Click above for the partition that you want. NTFS format is better if you want to use the drive on another system (for example, earlier versions of Windows, Linux, Mac OS), in which case you must use FAT32.

If the drive is already formatted partition / does not appear in Disk Management, Management, the USB / IDE is probably wrong. Many of these devices are cheap and easy often is not.

You do not need to change the BIOS at all. The BIOS should be amended to change the boot order (for example, to begin this new unit). If you have the internal drive (EDI) or external use (via USB) nothing to do with the BIOS setup.

It may be that you change the jumper on the disk, as it IDE. In general, for external adapter with speakers work should be set as Master or Cable Select (CS). Try both. If this fails, the slave trade and for the case. The bridge is a small device made of plastic, which sitttion into the arms of the unit, are the connections. The bridge is to install it, he wears a pin on the top and bottom line. It is usually 4 or 5 pairs of pins (in columns), each of which uses a master / slave / CS configuration (not the options). The white sticker on the top of the device is a drawing, which means that changing the PIN.

And for your information, external hard drives are the same as domestic ones. They are literally the same thing. An "external drive" is only the chassis and a USB port (or FireWire or eSATA adapter). Sometimes the issue of a button "quick backup, the backup software running. But physically reader will be no different than the internal hard drive.

PCSTech said...

You must fill out the drive as a slave.

Post a Comment